FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A. Buoyant aids are only allowed for ages 4-7. The water does get to 5-7 ft along 50m of the swim BUT we will have kayaks and lifeguards on paddle boards IN THE WATER with the kids and they can stop and rest on the boats as often as they have to.
A. No. No parents are allowed in the transition zone or on the course with their kids. We have several volunteers in the transition and along the course to help the kids. It would be too crowded and dangerous to have all the parents in there too. WE WILL BE ASKING FOR 10-20 PARENT VOLUNTEERS TO SIGN UP ON RACE DAY TO HELP IN TRANSITION. YOU CAN SIGN UP ON RACE DAY IF INTERESTED.
A. All the courses for the age groups will be explained in detail and the marshalls will direct the kids but, if they do not complete the proper course for that age group they will not receive an “official result placing.”
A. Every child will receive a finisher’s medal, tshirt & snack. The goal of our event is fun and participation. We have decided this year to award the prizes randomly to the participants and not just to the top 3. This way more kids will have a chance to get a draw prize.
- Absolutely no refunds for any reason within 2 weeks of any race.
- Please make sure that you will be able to be there on the day you are registering for.
- Refunds are for medical reasons only: 75% refunded 4 weeks prior to race, 50% refunded 3 weeks prior, 25% refunded 2 weeks prior to race.
- Races are non-transferable from person to person – no exceptions. No refunds if event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
DIRECTIONS TO COUCHICHING BEACH
Address: Bay St. At Jarvis St, Orillia, Ontario
How to get there?
The race is located at Couchiching Beach Park, Orillia.
Take Hwy #400 North to Hwy #11 North.
Exit east on Coldwater Rd.
- Right on West St. left on Mississaga
- left at lake and Couchiching Beach Park.